Bioidentical Hormones for Menopause and Perimenopause
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for Women in San Diego CA
Hormonal decline in women can bring about many disturbing changes and greatly decrease the quality of life. In the past, women had limited choices for hormonal supplementation; more recently, many women have been able to greatly benefit from bioidentical hormone replacement therapy in San Diego.
San Diego Bioidentical Hormone Specialists can help women going through age related transitions, such as perimenopause and menopause to overcome the challenges that present with hormonal fluctuations and imbalances.
Bioidentical Hormones and Women’s Health
Perimenopause occurs during a woman’s late thirties or forties, and it occurs when the ovaries begin to produce fewer amounts of estrogen and progesterone. This phase can last from three to seven years, and during this time, women may begin to notice a series of changes that can occur with hormone decline. Some of these changes may include acne, migraines, anxiety, heart palpitation, increased PMS symptoms, and irregular periods.
Menopause officially begins of twelve months of amenorrhea, and it marks the end of a woman’s reproductive years. During menopause, the ovaries no longer are able to produce enough progesterone and estrogen, and the adrenal glands are supposed to supply the body with the hormones necessary for healthy functioning. Because in most cases the adrenal glands are no longer fully functioning by a woman’s 5th decade due to stress and poor lifestyle choices, most women suffer from a series of symptoms that are rooted in hormonal deficiencies. Some of these symptoms include osteoporosis, hot flashes, insomnia, night sweats, fatigue, low libido, vaginal dryness, anxiety, anger, and mood swings.
Female Hormones Treated with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
San Diego Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Doctors can help women to replace deficient hormones and prevent the illnesses that are associated with hormonal imbalances. Many women have been able to overcome the challenges of fluctuating hormones, and through the use of bioidentical hormones, they have been able to increase vitality and achieve peak levels of wellness.
- Deficiencies can cause women to experience issues with body temperature, bone health, and appearance. Estrogen helps women to absorb the proper nutrients needed to maintain bone health, and it helps the hypothalamus, which is the body’s temperature control center, to regulate body temperature. Estrogen helps women to have lustrous hair, strong nails, and youthful skin. When estrogen becomes deficient, women may experience hot flashes, night sweats, and thinning bones, hair, nails, and skin.
- Governs pregnancy, the menstrual cycle, and birth, and it helps to balance estrogen. When progesterone is deficient, a woman may experience irregular periods, amenorrhea, and increased PMS symptoms. A lack of progesterone can cause estrogen dominance, which can lead to issues with weight gain. Estrogen tells the body to hold onto fat and water weight, while progesterone promotes the burning of fat and works as a diuretic to decrease water retention.
- Helps women to reduce the effects caused from stress, and it is released from the adrenal glands. When women are under stress for an extended period of time, the adrenals may convert sex hormones, such as estrogen and progesterone, into cortisol. This can cause a lack of estrogen and progesterone, or a woman may experience a lack of cortisol. Deficient levels of cortisol can cause intolerance to stress, increased inflammation, elevated allergic reactions, joint pain, decreased immunity, slow healing infections, and arthritis pain.
- Is one of the body’s most important hormones, and it is secreted in the pancreas to balance blood sugar. Weight gain that occurs during perimenopause or menopause can increase the chances for insulin resistance, which occurs when an excessive intake of sweet foods cause a constant excretion of insulin. Over time, the body gets so used to insulin being in the bloodstream, it is no longer effective. This can lead to type two diabetes and insulin dependence. A lack of insulin can lead to insatiable hunger and thirst, sudden weight loss, and frequent urination.
- Hormone is another hormone that the body cannot live without. Thyroid hormone helps to maintain many functions of metabolism, and it must be balanced in the body in order for a person to experience health. A lack of thyroid hormone can lead to hypothyroidism, which can cause weight gain, irregular periods, heavier periods, thinning hair, and intolerance to cold. Excessive thyroid hormone, which causes hyperthyroidism, may present with symptoms that include tachycardia, sudden weight loss, nervousness, and anxiety.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can transform the way you look feel – for good.
Contact a San Diego Bioidentical Hormone Doctor today and get back to being you.
Find San Diego Bioidentical Hormone Doctors Near You
An Optimal You
29995 Technology Dr., Ste. 203
Murrieta, California 92563
Charles Moss, M.D.
8950 Villa La Jolla Drive, Suite A217
La Jolla, California 92037