Hormone Replacement Therapy for Andropause in Men
Low Testosterone and Andropause Specialists of San Diego County
Recently, male hormone decline has gotten more attention, as it is becoming common knowledge that men also suffer from the male equivalent of menopause. Men can experience hormone decline at any point during their lives, but it most commonly occurs with aging. A lack of sleep, high stress, poor nutrition, and a sedentary lifestyle can also contribute to hormone decline. Most men in San Diego experience hormone decline during the late forties or fifties, and during this time, men experience a steep drop in hormonal production and function, which brings about the phase known as Andropause.
Hormones for Men’s Health
Andropause can occur at different times for men, and it is brought about because of decreased levels of important male hormones. During andropause, men can experience a series of symptoms, which can include low libido, metabolic disorders, erectile dysfunction, insomnia, anxiety, poor workout performances, muscle atrophy, and prostate problems. Some of the key hormones that can cause these symptoms may include testosterone, DHEA, Melatonin, Cortisol, and Thyroid Hormone.
Men’s Hormones Treated with Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Is the primary male sex hormone, and it helps men to develop their male characteristics, such as facial and body hair, muscle mass, and a deeper voice. Testosterone helps men to maintain sexual function, energy, muscle mass, and libido, and when it is deficient, men can experience erectile dysfunction, low libido, fatigue, lack of stamina, and muscle atrophy.
- Is a building block for testosterone, and without DHEA, the body is unable to make testosterone. During a man’s 20’s, he has an abundant supply of DHEA; however, by the time he reaches his 70’s, he has only one quarter of the DHEA he had during his youth. DHEA helps men to decrease triglycerides, cholesterol, body fat, and blood pressure, and it may reduce the chances of developing metabolic syndrome. When men are deficient in DHEA, they may experience increased allergies, abdominal fat, hypertension, LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides.
- Hormone helps to regulate many aspects of metabolism, and without thyroid hormone, the body would not be able to live. Thyroid hormone helps the body to utilize proteins, carbohydrates, and fats, and it must be produced in healthy amounts for a person to stay healthy. When there is an excess of thyroid hormone, a man may experience hypothyroidism, which could cause an increased heart rate, sudden weight loss, nervousness, and anxiety. A lack of thyroid hormone could cause hypothyroidism, which can cause men to suddenly gain weight, lose their hair, become intolerant to cold, and experience depression.
- Is excreted by the pineal gland, and it works with testosterone to regulate sleep cycles. It also helps to decrease cortisol, improve moods, promote the release of testosterone, improve the immune system, and enhance sleep quality. Appropriate levels of melatonin can help to reduce the risk of cancer because of its affect on the immune system. A lack of melatonin can suppress the production of growth hormone and testosterone, accelerate aging, increase insomnia, and decrease immune function..
- Is known as the hormone that helps to counteract stress, and without this hormone, a person could die from the inflammation caused from stress. In men, high levels of stress and cortisol excretion can cause the body to suppress testosterone production, which can cause the symptoms associated with testosterone deficiency. Excessive cortisol release can also eat away at vitamins such as zinc, B Vitamins, and potassium. When the body becomes deficient in cortisol, a person may experience lowered immunity, increased inflammation, more allergic reactions, arthritic pain, and slow healing infections.
San Diego Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Specialists can help men to supplement deficient hormones and prevent the age related diseases that are associated with hormonal decline. Through the use of bioidentical hormones, many men have been able to overcome the challenges associated with hormonal deficiencies and decline.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can transform the way you look & feel – for good.
Contact a San Diego Bioidentical Hormone Doctor today and get back to being you.
Find San Diego Bioidentical Hormone Doctors Near You
An Optimal You
29995 Technology Dr., Ste. 203
Murrieta, California 92563
Charles Moss, M.D.
8950 Villa La Jolla Drive, Suite A217
La Jolla, California 92037